GearSource® is focused on building an inclusive, accountable, automated and definitely more progressive business system. It’s a lofty goal that means upgrades are made quite often – generally weekly – some you see, some you don’t. The point is to provide a more useful tool for both Vendors and Customers and keep the system as user-friendly as possible.
Below are some of the latest updates… it’s important to note, these changes came about after a meeting with a vendor and seeing what worked for them and, most-importantly, what didn’t work so well. It’s always eye-opening to see how someone else uses your system – it definitely helps us make it better.
- Make an Offer link color updated
The color matches the Make an Offer button… this link takes you to all of the current online and active offers available in our system. Changing the color was one way to make the link stand out a bit better from the other items in the navigation bar.
- Expected Ship Date replaced with Actual Ship Date when available on order tracking page
This information gives both the customer and the vendor a real-time perspective of when an order is finalized. Actual ship dates are only available once an order has physically been scheduled to ship
- Address type (residential/commercial) added to vendor shipping & tax form
This is an important piece of information for determining shipping costs, especially for those vendors who calculate their own. Carriers need to know what type of vehicle will be needed for a delivery. It’s often difficult, if not impossible, to send a semi truck to a residential community to offload a pallet, for example. It means the item may have to be unloaded at their destination warehouse and re-loaded onto a different vehicle that is more appropriate for residential deliveries.
- Lot filter has been added to listing catalog & lot size sort added to listing catalog
This is just one more way to sort our vast catalogue, especially if you are looking for multiples of the same item. Oftentimes, Lots are priced more aggressively than individual items are.
- Cancelled order group and cancellation reason added
Vendors want to know if an order has cancelled and also why it was cancelled. This information gives a vendor the opportunity to re-access the listing and determine if they can sweeten the deal somewhat. It also let’s them know the item is back on the market.
As I already mentioned, there are always updates in the works at GearSource® – some changes will be visible or noticeable and some are behind the scenes, to improve the quality of the system, the speed and the security. We’re always moving forward, staying at the leading edge with our technology, which is what makes us a better choice for handling your gear.
Here are just a few additional changes coming in the very near future:
- Make an Offer account center section will be improved with more options
- Order / Offer filtering and pagination will be added
- Separate vendor order interaction steps (confirm availability, enter shipping, etc)
- Updates to purchase orders and packing slips
- Vendor Shipping Manager Admin role
- Special role to allow access to shipping/tracking data only
- will allow vendors to assign this role to warehouse staff so that they can enter shipping data directly onto the packing slip electronically so it is immediately in the system
GearSource® is always open to input from users. Our goal is to make your experience using GearSource.com® better. Below are links to short surveys… have your say.
Vendor Survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZRCHVRR
Customer Survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZQXS2J3
Listing Integrity Manager