Today there are so many reasons that kids should be educated in music education theory. Not only because music is enjoyed by all ages but it also brings joy in down moments, excitement in times of need and assists in fostering a positive attitude towards life. Many schools today are having to cut their musical education departments but music needs to be a part of kids everyday structure because it enriches students lives and those around them. Here are a few good reasons why music should be a strong foundation in the educational upbringing of kids:
Did you know?
- Musical education and memory go hand in hand. – Students are always using their memory to perform. The skill of memorization can serve students in other facets of their lives.
- Music education can promote craftsmanship. – If kids strive at learning music they will apply this skill within other departments. Kids want to create good work instead of mediocre work so give them the tools to succeed.
- Are you wanting them to learn a new language? – Music education triggers the same part of the brain as language development. Students who have early musical instrument training will develop the areas of the brain related to language and reasoning.
- That is some impressive coordination! – If your kid plays sports have them also in a musical education class. Playing music can improve hand-eye coordination and pattern recognition.
- Musical education helps develop amazing test scores! – Statistics show that kids that play a musical instrument are more likely to improve their testing skills including SAT scores.
- Musical Instruments are the building blocks of the imagination. – From a young age, kids that play a musical instrument tend to have a positive attitude towards learning and curiosity while developing creative thinking.
- Be able to calm your nervous moments. – Students who play a musical instrument seem to be calmer in nature and everyone knows that where there is a calm child there is a calm adult.
- What is spatial intelligence? – Spatial intelligence is helpful for advanced mathematics and more, so if your kid is playing a musical instrument they will be more applied in the field of math and science.
- Teamwork and self-confidence – Students that play a musical instrument will be able to build pride and confidence within themselves while developing better communication skills. With stronger communication skills they will be able to work together and build camaraderie.
Overall, musical instrument education helps kids have a better understanding of themselves. The horizons are higher when they are involved with musical instruments. They will have a deeper appreciation of the world of art. With applied music, each student will be able to enhance the way they think and creatively express themselves.
Here are a few musical instruments that will assist your student or child within their musical education.
Yamaha YSS-875EXB Soprano Saxophone : Yamaha Custom EX soprano saxophone is an improved version of the classic YSS-875, already considered by many to be the finest soprano saxes ever made.
Avanti 1000BIF Open Hole Flute : Avanti flutes are the perfect partnership of quality, craftsmanship and music with this collaboration between Bickford Brannen and Conn-Selmer. The 1000BIF flute offers the sound and feel of a professional instrument to the advancing flutist without the high cost.
Bach TR300H2 Bb Trumpet : The Bach TR300H2 Bb Trumpet is made in the USA using nothing but the highest quality materials. It offers a .459″ bore with a responsive 4-7/8″ seamless bell for easy projection and control. The 1st valve thumb saddle makes for easy intonation adjustments. The clear lacquer finish provides a subtle warmth to the overall sound. The TR300H2 is a well designed durable musical instrument perfect for the beginning student and is well suited for all types of music.
Selmer 52H Tenor Trombone : The Conn 52H is a .525″/.547″ dual bore F attachment Selmer tenor trombone made with an 8-5/8″ rose brass bell resulting in a warm, rich colorful sound. The traditional wrap F section promotes clean attacks and stability. The chrome plated nickel silver inner handslide tubes provide the ideal surface for smooth and quick handslide action. The clear lacquer finish provides a subtle warmth to the overall sound. The 52H is a well designed durable instrument perfect for the students and amateur musicians and is well suited for all types of music. Available in silver-plate finish as model 52HSP.
Ludwig LE2474 Educational Drum Kit : Perfect for easy transport to and from school! The Ludwig Jet-Pak Drum Kit features a top quality snare drum, Speedex rubber practice pad, adjustable snare stand and Ludwig 2B drum sticks. It includes beaded chrome steel snare drum with durable height adjustable stand, Speedex rubber practice pad, drumsticks and a backpack style bag with compartments.
Yamaha YM-2400 Marimba : The Acoustalon is an artificial wood Yamaha marimba with a beautiful, almost miraculous sound – a sound like natural rosewood. The secret is its revolutionary FRP (Fiber Reinforced Plastic) tone bars. Unlike wooden bars, FRP bars are almost completely unaffected by changes in temperature or humidity, and are much less prone to damage. This marimba is ideal for use in school situations where instruments are subject to heavy use.