GS 4.0 is nearing its imminent launch on November 1st, so in the meantime, while we are going through final QC and testing phases, I thought I’d give ya a little bit of a preview on what you can expect to see once it does launch.
Before going any further, I’d like to take a moment and personally apologize for the length of time it’s taken us and the level of pain our users have endured in the process. The number of bugs and issues we have had to overcome have been challenging for us – and for our users who have been fantastic, considering. For that I am very grateful. We have the very best Customers and Vendors on the planet and look forward to continue serving each of you MUCH better now.
That being said, I’d like to tell you a little bit about GS4.0 – starting with a list of the Top 10 things that we’ve re-invented. Believe me the challenge here is in keeping the list to only 10. This is really a much larger list, but I don’t want to bore you either.
- The design is completely different. You’ll notice right away – we’ve said goodbye in every way to the old site. She served us well!
- Major improvements to both speed and function on processes such as (and I do not say this lightly…) Registration, Listing and Login. Additionally, huge improvements have been made on the entire purchase system allowing faster, more accurate and safer purchases Glitch Free!
- Buyers can now store multiple Payment Methods, Shipping Addresses and even Billing Addresses – with advanced security on all data.
- New “Account Center” contains everything you need to manage your profile. View your order history, print invoices, inquire about an order, it’s all there. Plus, if you’re also a GearSource Vendor, you will have a TON of access to edit or remove Listings in the same Account Center.
- Need Zone – a widely used Want Ad service on GearSource.com, has been re-designed, and is now split by category as well.
- New automated vendor Order Confirmation system helps speed up the sales process
- New search engine with “Did you mean” functionality helps you find what you’re looking for faster. Built in algorithms continue to “tweak” the results based on actual intelligence. This is some space age stuff my friends!
- New stock items database with pictures, and specifications on tens of thousands of items helps speed up the listing process PLUS improve search results on your listings.
- New product reviews will allow Web 2.0 input from our users. Browsing buyers can get real world online advice on what they should be buying.
- Dramatically improved search and compare functionality. As an example, when you find the product you want, you can easily look at other listings for that same item.
When we launch 4.0 on Nov 1st, it is going to represent a radical improvement to the GearSource experience whether you’re a buyer, seller or (hopefully) Both! However, we’re definitely not taking time off once we launch. We are working on a large list of enhancements already. Here are a few highlights:
- Enhanced listings
- Listing Price Help – Suggestions ( in the new Vendor Tools)
- Cross Selling
- Advertise your Listings / Company
- iPhone Listing App
- GearSource Desktop Dashboard (View real-time stats on your listings, and manage them)
We’re looking forward to Nov 1st with great anticipation and I assure you, our web staff are counting the moments. This has been a long road with many turns and potholes and once again, I am grateful that our users have been by our side throughout. I owe you ALL a drink someday – or maybe just a nod and a Thank You when I see you at LDI!
President / CEO and Chief psychologist to the Web Dev dept for the past two years